Daily deal: An eight-day trip through India
Agra's Taj Mahal exemplifies Mughal architecture. (Ron Magill)
When the emperor built the Taj Mahal, it was a labour of love. When you visit the magnificent monument on this week's swoon-worthy adventure, don't be surprised if you, too, fall head over heels.
Follow your heart to the trip of a lifetime with Classic Escapes's eight-day journey across India's Golden Triangle. Founder Stacy Fiorentinos invites you to get the butterflies in your stomach fluttering as an English-speaking guide leads you and your group on an unforgettable tour, starting in Delhi.
Round-trip airfare from JFK airport is included in this palpitating package that also covers transportation to and from hotels, airports, and sightseeing destinations; breakfast daily; and lunch en route from Agra to Jaipur. Enjoy dreamy accommodations and all entry fees to sightseeing destinations for just $2,217 per person.
Declare your feelings of affection for the colorful country and its unique culture as you spend two nights in Delhi's Oberoi Maidens Hotel. You'll go weak at the knees after seeing Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, and Mahatma Gandhi's memorial. "Drink in the atmosphere," says BBC Travel of the memorial. "Nowhere else in Delhi is as peaceful as this."
Venture off to Old Delhi on a traditional rickshaw to see Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India. Then, let Agra woo you with the awe-inspiring Taj Mahal itself, a horse-drawn buggy ride through the former capital's medieval past, and a stay at the Trident Hotel Agra.
In Jaipur, your two-night stay at the Trident Hotel Jaipur will whisper sweet nothings in your ear as you explore the Palace of Winds, get starry-eyed at the Jantar Mantar observatory, and make a grand entrance atop an elephant to the famed Amber Fort.
Sign off your love letter to the serene society back in Delhi with a hotel dayroom at Crowne Plaza Gurgaon hotel to relax in before your late night departure home.
Forget plucking flower petals—there's nothing about an experience like this that will love you not.
- An eight-day trip through India for one guest, including:
- A two-night stay at Maidens Hotel, a one-night stay at Trident Hotel Agra, a two-night stay at Trident Hotel Jaipur, and a dayroom at Crowne Plaza Gurgaon Hotel
- Round-trip overnight air transport from JFK airport in New York
- Round-trip ground transport to hotels and airport
- Daily breakfast and lunch en route from Agra to Jaipur
- English-speaking escort
- Dates: 30 September to 7 October; 23 to 30 October; 25 November to 2 December; 10 to 17 December; 6 to 13 January, 2012; or 22 to 29 March, 2012
- Book by 30 August