International hospitality from Iceland to Bosnia
With all due respect to Paul Hogan, you won't be ousted to the outback on today’s escape down under.
Experience Australia's cosmopolitan side with a trip for one to Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne — including round-trip airfare via the ever-stylish V Australia — from Down Under Answers for $2,115.
In each city, spend four nights in a four-star hotel and enjoy early 11 am check-in, late 3 pm checkout, and daily breakfast. The first 50 purchasers will receive an Afternoon Tall Ship Discovery Cruise on Sydney Harbour. (All trips must be booked by 20 September, 2011.)
Sydney may not be the seat of Australia's government, but it is the nation's undisputed cultural capital. A standard room at the Vibe Hotel Rushcutters will be your home base during your four-day stay here.
City slickers can scale the massive Harbour Bridge on a BridgeClimb, named one of the world's top ten adrenaline rushes by Lonely Planet. Acrophobics can admire the shells of the iconic Sydney Opera House, or the bikini-clad blondes on famous Bondi Beach, from the safety of the ground.
After departing the Harbour City, arrive in Cairns for four nights in an executive room at the Pacific International Hotel, where you'll find a surprisingly urbane oasis in the midst of a lush tropical landscape.
The Cairns Esplanade, with its 4,800-sqm saltwater lagoon open to the public, is the focal point of downtown. Take a break from the bustle and set off to explore the Great Barrier Reef—designated a Unesco World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World—from the Reef Fleet Terminal.
The final foray brings you to Melbourne, where you'll spend four nights in a standard room at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The birthplace of Australian football, Melbourne is the Green Bay of Australia — if Green Bay was the nation's second largest city, that is.
The metropolis also is famous for the National Gallery of Victoria, the country's oldest and largest public art museum and Collins Street, a historic district filled with high-end shopping and Victorian architecture.
On this week's urbane escape, you'll trade your "Crocodile" Dundee hat for opera glasses in the Land Down Under.
- A 12-night trip for one through three Australian cities, including:
- Round-trip airfare on V Australia from 1 November, 2011 through 30 November, 2011; or 10 February, 2012 through 31 March, 2012
- A four-night stay for two in a standard room at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, Sydney
- Four-night stay for two in an executive room at Pacific International Hotel, Cairns
- Four-night stay for two in a standard room at Vibe Savoy Hotel, Melbourne
- Daily breakfast for two
- Early 11 am check-in and late 3 pm checkout
- Afternoon tall ship discovery cruise on Sydney Harbour for first 50 purchasers
- Trips must be booked by 20 September, 2011
- Reserve deal by 6 September