Daily deal: Napa wine tastings
The historic Napa Mill provides the backdrop for the hotel.
Pop the cork on bliss with this week's escape to the Napa River Inn.
Housed in the landmark Historic Napa Mill, this waterfront property is ideally situated for exploring all of Napa's bounty.
Get a one-night stay for two in a superior room with a river view and fireplace (some with balconies) (Monday to Thursday in October, $369; Friday or Saturday between 15 November, 2011 and 28 February, 2012, $309; or Sunday to Thursday between 1 November, 2011 and 30 April, 2012, $259).
When it comes to pampering, the Napa River Inn pours it on. The turn-of-the-century-style rooms sport down pillows, crackling fireplaces and private outdoor seating areas, plus wireless Internet, flat-panel TVs and other modern amenities.
Enjoy breakfast delivered to your room from Sweetie Pies Bakery, as well as nightly wine tastings at the hotel. And don't fret if one sip isn't enough — you'll take home a bottle of Napa Valley red, too.
Uncork it in your room, then use your $50 dining credit at either Angèle, Rotisserie and Wine, Fish Story or Morimoto Napa. Top off the night with smooth tunes, a VIP table and 50% off cover at Silo's Napa. If there's no show that night, head in for a two-for-one specialty cocktail.
Hop a free shuttle (or just walk) to Downtown Napa. There, you'll be able to sample wines from more than 20 tasting rooms. Then, pedal past lush vineyards on your complimentary rental bikes. If you crave a little competition, tee off at Chardonnay Golf Club.
For a dose of culture, catch a world-class performance at the Napa Valley Opera House or the Uptown Theatre Napa, which showcases live jazz, rock and country performers. And be sure take advantage of two-for-one tastings at several wineries around the valley, including some historic properties.
After all the action, you'll be tempted to stay bottled up in your cosy abode. Not so fast. La Pelle Spa sits just outside, and you'll get $50 to spend on facials, massages and other treatments.
Oenophile or not — it's easy to see this week's escape belongs on the top shelf.
- A one-night stay for two in a superior room with a river view and fireplace (some with balconies) (Monday to Thursday in October, $369; Friday or Saturday between 15 November, 2011 and 28 February, 2012, $309; Sunday to Thursday between 1 November, 2011 and 20 April, 2012, $259)
- Breakfast from Sweetie Pies Bakery delivered to room
- $50 dinner voucher to Angèle, Rotisserie and Wine, Fish Story or Morimoto Napa
- Bottle of Napa Valley red
- 50% off cover and VIP table at Silo's Napa or two cocktails for the price of one on non-show nights
- Complimentary bike rentals
- Two-for-one tasting at choice of more than 20 tasting rooms
- $50 credit at La Pelle Spa
- Book by 4 October
For details and to reserves your stay, visit LivingSocial Escapes.