Daily deal: A night on the Jersey Shore
Carroll Villa Hotel, Cape May, New Jersey. The Victorian structure was built in 1882.
Slip off to a whimsical wonderland with this week's escape to the Carroll Villa Hotel in Cape May, New Jersey.
Travel through the looking glass to this charming retreat, built in 1882, and a national landmark on Jackson Street.
Grab your queen of hearts and stay for one night in a standard room on weekdays ($130) or weekends ($175). The hotel boasts eco-friendly touches like solar panels and heated flooring alongside antique furnishings and it recently received New Jersey's Governor Diamond Award.
After a trolley tour through the historic seaside town with the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts, wander over to the Cape May Bird Observatory to watch migrating swallows, hawks and falcons soar on by (the area is top-notch for bird-watching).
Why have a cup of tea when you can have a glass of wine? Toast to adventure at Hawk Haven Vineyard and Winery with your complimentary wine tasting for two before heading back to the hotel for afternoon refreshments, including homemade fruit bread with coffee, tea and soda. In the evening, use your $10 credit to take in a show at Cape May Stage before strolling around town to admire the grand Victorian homes.
The next morning, you won't be asked to ponder riddles or play silly word games over breakfast — you can simply dig in at the Mad Batter Restaurant and Bar. Use your $30 credit toward options like thickly sliced orange and almond French toast or eggs Benedict paired with a mimosa made with freshly squeezed juice.
You will not be late for any important dates on this relaxing trip, so schedule a yoga lesson and use your $5 credit at Balance Pilates and Yoga Studio before letting a masseuse work out your kinks at the Well Center for Massage. Pick up a couple of hand-screened T-shirts at the Flying Fish Studio, voted the best place to buy a souvenir by SJ Magazine, using your included $10 credit with a purchase of $40 or more. Your departure gift will also serve as a reminder of the novel getaway.
You would be mad not to take an escape down the rabbit hole to Cape May. It is sure to amke you grin like the Cheshire Cat.
- A one-night stay for two in a standard room on weekdays ($130) or weekends ($175)
- $30 credit for breakfast at the Mad Batter Restaurant and Bar
- Two tickets for a trolley tour with Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Two tickets for Cape May Bird Observatory
- Wine tasting for two at Hawk Haven Vineyard and Winery
- $10 credit for The Well Center for massage
- $10 credit for Cape May Stage
- $10 credit on purchases of $40 or more at Flying Fish Studio
- $5 credit toward a yoga lesson at Balance Pilates and Yoga Studio (check for availability and times)
- Afternoon refreshments including homemade fruit bread with coffee, tea and soda
- Departure gift
- Purchase by 11 October
For details and to reserve your stay, visit LivingSocial Escapes.