Irreverent responses from our favourite travel ninjas.
Name: JD Andrews
Twitter/website: @earthXplorer, www.earthxplorer.com
Born in: Colorado
Currently living in: Miami
1) Where would you rather be right now?
Antarctica (that will be the answer until I finally go).
2) Famous person (dead or alive, real or fictional) you'd most like to go on a trip with:
3) Tourist must-see you think is actually a "must skip":
Nothing, you should always see everything and decide if it was worth it.
4) You'd be mortified if people knew you did what when you travelled?
5) Your most stranded, "oh-my-[deity]" travel moment:
A cruise line I was working for went bankrupt in Tahiti, I had NO idea how I was going to get home.
6) Strangest meal abroad:
Puffin in Iceland (very salty).
7) Travel-related invention you wish existed:
8) Your most embarrassing travel faux pas:
Speaking the wrong language
9) Most unique souvenir:
A Pope bottle-opener.
10) Best celebrity encounter while travelling:
The wildest was Captain and Tennille in Florence, Italy (love will keep us together).
11) The place you don't want anyone to know about but are willing to divulge here:
Is this a trick question? Yes, yes it is (no comment).
12) Travel-related film or book that inspires you to pack your bags:
Any James Bond film.
13) The travel story you'll never stop bragging about:
When I stood on the Locks of the Panama Canal!
14) Lay on us a priceless bit of travel advice or wisdom:
Be nice, you will be pleasantly surprised!