The word 'different' is used a lot in English.
What alternatives do we have? Take a look at these sentences, and for each one, try to work out which word or phrase is replacing 'different'. Listen to the programme to find out!
1. He wore seven separate coats at the weekend!
2. He wore a variety of coats at the weekend.
3. He wore several pairs of shoes at the weekend!
4. He wore numerous hats at the weekend!
5. I'd like to try another hat, please.
6. He's wearing pink shoes? That's unusual.
7. He's wearing pink shoes? That's unique.
8. He's wearing pink shoes? That's original.
9. We live in a world of many cultures.
10.We live in a multicultural world.
If you have a question you'd like us to answer, you can write to us @BBC英伦网英语教学 or email: email@example.com