Rác thải đang phá hỏng địa danh Machu Pichu
Today's Headlines (05/10/2016):
- Rubbish threat to Machu Picchu
- Prince Harry on HIV awareness campaign
- David Bowie's collection on show
The iconic ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru have come under the spotlight for the country's inability to deal with the mounds of trash tourists are leaving behind. So much so that Unesco has given Peru a deadline to deal with the problem or risk the site going into the World Heritage danger list.
In an effort to help tackle the stigma surrounding HIV and AIDS, the Queen's grandson, Prince Harry, has been tested for HIV. He wants to encourage more people to come forward to find out if they have the virus and his goal is to raise awareness about HIV and AIDS. The 31-year-old prince confessed he'd been a bit nervous before having the simple procedure done.
And to David Bowie's private art collection, which is going on public display for the first time before being auctioned later this year. The 300 works include those by Henry Moore and Damien Hirst - with the collection valued at more than 18 million dollars.
Hãy bấm vào đây để nghe đoạn trích. Các bạn hãy nghe lại nếu thấy cần thiết.Bấm vào đây để in bài khóa (file PDF)
Words and Phrases/Từ vựngHãy nghe lại một lần nữa. Đây là định nghĩa các từ có thể giúp bạn khi nghe:
inability (lack of effort or skill needed to do something): không có khả năng làm một việc gì đó, bất lực
deadline (final time when something should have been completed): thời hạn chót
stigma (shame): nỗi xấu hổ, vết nhơ
auctioned (sold to whoever pays the highest price): (được) bán đấu giá
Exercise/Bài tậpDùng một từ hoặc cụm từ ở trên để hoàn thành các câu sau. Chú ý là bạn có thể phải thay đổi dạng của từ hay cụm từ đó cho thích hợp.inability / deadline / stigma / auctioned
1. There is an ongoing campaign for the __________ surrounding mental health to change. Anybody can feel deeply depressed from time to time.
2. Anthony loves teaching but he's afraid of taking up a job in a school because of his __________ to control a big class.
3. The sculptures will be __________ for charity in October. The artist is a philanthropist.
4. I can't go to the concert this evening because the __________ to deliver my report to the boss is tomorrow morning.
1. There is an ongoing campaign for the stigma surrounding mental health to change. Anybody can feel deeply depressed from time to time.
2. Anthony loves teaching but he's afraid of taking up a job in a school because of his inability to control a big class.
3. The sculptures will be auctioned for charity in October. The artist is a philanthropist.
4. I can't go to the concert this evening because the deadline to deliver my report to the boss is tomorrow morning.This bulletin comes from .