The BBC Board is the main decision making body for all of the BBC, including the BBC’s commercial activities, which are undertaken through commercial subsidiaries.
The BBC Board exercises control over the BBC’s commercial subsidiaries through the BBC Commercial Holdings Board.
The BBC Commercial Holdings Board is responsible for the governance, assurance and oversight of the BBC group commercial subsidiaries - BBC Global News, BBC Studios and BBC Studioworks.
The BBC Commercial Holdings Board is chaired by Elan Closs Stephens, a non-executive member of the BBC Board, and comprises members of the BBC Board (both non-executive and executive members), directors across the commercial parts of the BBC and an independent director. The Board meets formally approximately eight times a year.
Directors of the BBC Commercial Holdings Board
BBC commercial subsidiaries’ executive committees
Each of the BBC’s commercial subsidiaries has an executive committee, which is responsible for the operational management of that subsidiarity.
The members of the BBC Studios Executive Committee are:
- Tom Fussell, Chief Executive Officer
- Marcus Arthur, President, UK, Ireland & ANZ
- Paul Dempsey, President, Global Markets
- Charlotte Elston, Director of Communications
- Martyn Freeman, General Counsel
- Ralph Lee, Director of Content
- Jaclyn Lee-Joe, Chief Marketing Officer
- Mark Linsey, Chief Creative Officer
- David Moody, Director of Strategy & Business Development
- Lisa Opie, Managing Director, UK Production
- Jabbar Sardar, HR Director
- Ann Sarnoff, President, Americas
Global News Limited
The members of the Global News Executive Committee are:
- Jim Egan, Chief Executive Officer (Chair)
- Charlie Villar, Chief Operating Officer
- Mark Jones, Digital Director
- Chris Davies, Marketing & Distribution Director
- Sean O'Hara, EVP Advertising Sales
- Mary Wilkinson, Head of Content, Editorial
- Tim Hackett, Head of Business & Technology Innovation
- Chris Loweth, Head of Legal & Business Affairs
- Ali Cowe, Head of Comms
- Josie Lake, HR Business Partner
The members of the Studioworks Executive Committee are:
- Andrew Moultrie, Chief Executive Officer
- John O’Callaghan, Operations Director
- Peter Hall, Finance Director
- Jon Noakes, Commercial Director
- Geoff Ward, Technical Operations Manager
- Steve Jenkinson, Operations Manager
- Karen Meachen, Head of Communications
- Cathy McGrath, HR Manager