Benefits of sport
Sport is often called a 'universal language' as sporting activities link many countries. Many sports can be played in different settings regardless of the development of a country.
Participating in sport benefits a person's health. It has other benefits, too:
- It increases social contact between groups of people.
- It may help to raise an area's image or identity.
- It can help to regenerate an area.
- It can bring money into an area. Spectators may spend money before and after the event. Related industries gain custom.
- It can help raise money for charity, eg the 'Race for Life'.