Apricot, date and pistachio flapjacks
With sweetness from dried fruit and agave nectar, and speckled with seeds and nuts, these flapjacks make a great snack or a worthy school fete bake.
Each serving provides 372 kcal, 6g protein, 30g carbohydrates (of which 18g sugars), 24g fat (of which 16g saturates), 5g fibre and trace salt.
- 300g/10½oz porridge oats
- 175g/6oz agave nectar
- 275g/9¾oz coconut oil
- 1 large unwaxed orange, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g/3½oz wholemeal plain flour
- 250g/9oz dates, finely chopped
- 75g/2¾oz sesame seeds
- 200g/7oz dried apricots, finely chopped
- 100g/3½oz pistachios, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz desiccated coconut
To finish (optional)
- 100g/3½oz white chocolate, broken into pieces