Easy Christmas pudding trifle
Make the most of your Christmas leftovers. Grab a mango and pineapple to whip up this exotic Christmas pudding trifle.
- 250g/9oz madeira cake, sliced
- 100–150ml/3½–5fl oz ginger wine or sherry
- 250g/9oz Christmas pudding, cut into chunks.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ small pineapple, or 227g tin pineapple in own juice, diced
- 500ml/18fl oz quality custard
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 50g/1¾oz flaked almonds
- 1 orange, pared zest only