Fresh herb fougasse
Try this salty, herby fougasse with dips for a relaxed starter when you need to feed a crowd.
For this recipe you will need a freestanding mixer with a dough hook, two large baking sheets, a large container for proving the dough, a pizza cutter and a pastry brush.
- 500g/1lb 2oz strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 10g/¼ fine salt
- 7g sachet instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
- 350ml/12fl oz warm water
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra to finish
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- fine semolina, for dusting
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- sea salt flakes, crushed, to finish