This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement.
With a GI of 45, this meal is high protein, low GI.
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 100g/3½oz reduced fat feta cheese, drained and cut into cubes
- 50g/1¾oz black olives, pitted and drained (in brine not oil and preferably Kalamata olives)
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads, warmed