Tofu Thai green curry
This healthy vegetable curry is packed with flavourful ingredients. It's easily made vegetarian and vegan by omitting the fish sauce.
Each serving provides 358 kcal, 14g protein, 47g carbohydrate (of which 6g sugars), 11.5g fat (of which 5g saturates), 6g fibre and 2.1g salt.
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 green finger chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 300ml/10fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 200g/7oz lighter coconut milk
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2cm/1in chunks
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 200g/7oz tofu, cut into 1.5cm/½in squares
- ½ green pepper, cut into thin slices
- 50g/1¾oz mangetout
- 50g/1¾oz baby corn, halved or cut into quarters, depending on size
- juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- handful finely chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 150g/5½oz basmati rice, to serve
Fry the shallots in the oil over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Add the chilli and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
Pour in the hot stock, coconut milk and Thai fish sauce (if using) and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the aubergine and lime leaves and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Add the tofu and green pepper to the curry and cook with the lid off for 3 minutes. Add the mangetout and baby corn (if using) and squeeze in the lime juice. Cook for 3 minutes.
Serve the curry with the rice, sprinkled with coriander and with a wedge of lime.