Vegan aubergine burgers
Delicious and low-calorie vegan burgers with a zesty avocado vegan mayo. Perfect for a barbecue.
These aubergine burgers can form part of a low-calorie diet of 1200–1500 calories a day. Each serving provides 433 kcal, 9g protein, 64g carbohydrates (of which 17g sugars), 14g fat (of which 3.5g saturates), 11g fibre and 0.7g salt.
- 4 wholewheat or multiseed bread rolls (each weighing about 75g/2¾oz), halved
- 1 large aubergine, wide middle section cut into 4 slices 2cm/¾in thick
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 25g/1oz fresh rocket leaves or baby leaf salad
- 1 large beef tomato, cut into four thick slices
- coriander sprigs, to garnish (optional)