Healthy pasta salad
Our healthy pasta salad, bursting with herby goodness can be made in a matter of minutes.
This meal, if served as eight portions, provides 260kcal, 11g protein, 34g carbohydrate (of which 2g sugars), 8g fat (of which 4g saturates), 3.5g fibre and 0.9g salt per portion.
- 350g/12oz penne, rigatoni or other similar shaped pasta
- 8-10 large sprigs of mint, leaves removed, and chopped/torn if large
- 150g/5oz frozen peas
- 200g/7oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g/2oz bag of rocket leaves
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 20-30 good-quality marinated green olives, pitted
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water with 2 sprigs of the mint for the time given on the packet. 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the peas. Once the pasta and peas are cooked, drain in a colander and shake under cold running water until cool. Discard the mint sprigs.
Transfer to a large bowl and add the feta cheese, rocket, remaining mint, the lemon zest and half the juice, salt and pepper and a good glug of olive oil. Either roughly chop or smash the olives in a pestle and mortar and add to the pasta. Toss well and add more lemon juice, seasoning or olive oil, if preferred.
Pack in suitable containers for taking on a picnic or serve warm as part of a main course or starter with a barbecue.