My big fat tipsy trifle
This trifle is a real showstopper and so very simple to make – ready from start to finish in about 30–40 minutes.
Equipment and preparation: You'll need a large trifle dish or glass bowl.
- 2 x ready-made Madeira loaf cakes
- 150ml/5fl oz amaretto (or any strong liqueur), plus extra for flambéeing
- 800g/1lb 12oz strawberries, hulled, cut in half lengthways
- 250g/9oz amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- few drops vanilla extract
- 100g/3½oz icing sugar
- 900ml/1½ pints double cream
- 200g/7oz white chocolate, grated