This healthy pasta dish is brimming with spring vegetables. Use fresh peas if you can get them.
Each serving provides 440kcal, 17g protein, 41g carbohydrate (of which 3g sugars), 21g fat (of which 8g saturates), 8g fibre and 0.1g salt.
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g/7oz asparagus, blanched, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150g/5oz fresh peas, podded
- 100g/3½oz frozen soya beans, defrosted
- 100g/3½oz baby spinach
- 450g/1lb cooked tagliatelle (a few tablespoons of cooking water reserved)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- large handful fresh spring herbs, including mint, basil, dill and parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the butter in a pan, add the garlic and fry for one minute.
Add the asparagus, peas, soya beans and spinach and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, until the spinach has wilted slightly.
Add the pasta and a little of the cooking water to the pan and stir to combine.
Stir in the lemon juice and zest and the herbs and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, divide the pasta among four bowls, sprinkle over the hazelnuts and parmesan shavings and drizzle with olive oil.