Pasta with prawns and tomato sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 50ml/2fl oz hot water
- 55g/2oz bell peppers, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 110g/4oz prawns, cooked and peeled
- handful of basil leaves, to garnish
- 110g/4 oz spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
Place all of the ingredients, except the prawns, basil and spaghetti, into a deep saucepan over a medium heat, season with salt and freshly ground black peper and simmer for four minutes.
Transfer the tomato sauce into a food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pan and simmer until the sauce reduces, about four minutes.
To serve, add the prawns and basil and stir through. Add the spaghetti and stir through again and transfer to a serving plate.