- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 500g/1lb 2oz potatoes such as Maris Piper or King Edward, cut into cubes, par-boiled
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4-6 ready-made naan breads, warmed, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan over a low to medium heat. Add the onion, chilli, garlic and ground turmeric and stir well to combine. Fry for 7-8 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
Add the par-boiled potato cubes, curry powder and chopped tomatoes and stir well to combine. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beaten eggs and stir into the mixture until they scramble. Continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped coriander and lime juice.
To serve, divide the potato mamoosa equally among 4-6 serving bowls. Serve a warm naan bread alongside each.