Pumpkin, chilli and coconut soup
A warming winter soup; the kick of ginger and chilli is set off by soothing coconut milk. If you can't get hold of pumpkin, try butternut squash.
This meal, if served as six portions, provides 177kcal, 3g protein, 14g carbohydrate (of which 8g sugars), 11g fat (of which 10g saturates), 3.5g fibre and trace salt per portion.
- 1 medium pumpkin, or butternut squash
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece of root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ Scotch bonnet chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 4–5 sprigs thyme
- 400ml/14fl oz coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- breadfruit or sweet potato chunks, to taste (optional)