Roast chicken, tomato and chickpea salad
For the salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 85g/3oz chicken breast
- 55g/2oz tinned chickpeas, drained
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ mango, peeled, cut into small pieces
- ½ orange, zest only
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
For the herb oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful fresh spinach leaves
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown. Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and roast for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. (The chicken is cooked through when the juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part with a skewer.) Remove the chicken breast and chickpeas from the oven and shred the chicken breast.
Mix the remaining salad ingredients in a bowl with shredded chicken and chickpeas.
For the herb oil, blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
To serve, place the spinach leaves on a serving plate, top with the salad and spoon the herb oil on top.