These protein-packed stuffed peppers make a filling vegetarian meal. If you don’t like goats' cheese these they also work well with feta.
With a GI of 41 this meal is high protein, low GI and provides 373 kcal per portion.
- 50g/1¾oz wholegrain long-grain rice
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 75g/2½oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 20g/¾oz toasted flaked almonds
- ½ orange, zest only, finely grated
- 3 heaped tbsp roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (or coriander)
- 100g/3½oz mild goats' cheese, rind removed and cheese cut into chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper