Spicy mozzarella aubergines with green beans and chickpeas
These stuffed aubergines combine wonderfully with the crisp green beans and chickpeas. This is a great stand-alone dish or it could be served with a bowl of couscous.
Each serving provides 497 kcal, 27g protein, 37g carbohydrates (of which 8.5g sugars), 23g fat (of which 7g saturates), 17g fibre and 3g salt.
- 2 aubergines, halved
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra if needed
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 175g/6oz green beans
- 125g/4½oz reduced-fat mozzarella, roughly torn
- 25g/1oz panko breadcrumbs
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g/1oz fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
Roast aubergines with jewelled rice and tahini dressing
By Sarit Packer and Itamar Srulovich
See more aubergine recipes (231)