Spinach, pea and sun-dried tomato tagliatelle
A quick and easy pasta recipe for busy weekday nights.
- 300g/10½oz tagliatelle
- 75g/2¾oz broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 handfuls peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- handful sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz low-fat crème fraîche, (optional)
- large handful fresh dill fronds, finely chopped
- 50g/1¾oz baby spinach
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice only, to serve
- 2 tbsp dill oil, to serve (optional)
Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions until al dente. Add the broccoli florets and peas for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes for 1 minute. Stir in the peas and crème fraîche, if using, until hot through. Stir in the dill and season well with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta completely and tip back into the pan. Add the contents of the frying pan with the spinach. Toss until well coated.
Divide between four warmed shallow bowls, squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle with the dill oil, if using.
To make this dairy-free, omit the crème fraîche and add a little more oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to help coat the pasta.