Stuffed aubergine with spinach, tomatoes, cheese and linguine
- ½ aubergine, cut in half lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 85g/3oz chicken breast, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 55g/2oz spinach leaves
- 1 vine tomato, de-seeded and chopped
- 100g/3½oz linguine, cooked according to packet instructions
- 55g/2oz goats' cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Take the aubergine half and cut off a thin slice from the rounded side so that it sits flat on a baking tray without moving. Score the cut side of the flesh with the tip of a sharp knife, season with a pinch of salt and drizzle two tablespoons of the olive oil over the top. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until softened.
Remove the aubergine from the oven and scoop out the flesh with a spoon, roughly chop the flesh and reserve the hollowed aubergine.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and lightly fry the chicken and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the spinach leaves to the pan and stir until wilted, then add the chopped aubergine flesh, tomato, cooked pasta, goats' cheese and parsley.
To serve, place the hollowed aubergine on a serving plate and spoon in the cooked pasta mixture.