Sweet potato and chicken curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, ground
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, ground
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- ½ sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- ½ onion, sliced
- 100g/3½oz broccoli
- 1 beef tomato, seeds and juice only
- 100ml/3½fl oz Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Place the olive oil into a medium frying pan over a high heat.
Add all of the spices and fry for one minute.
Add the chicken and fry for two minutes, stirring to brown all over.
Add the sweet potato and fry for another minute.
Add the tomato purée, onion and broccoli and fry for another minute
Add the tomato seeds and juice and the yoghurt and simmer for five minutes, or until cooked through.
To serve, spoon into a bowl and garnish with the chopped coriander.