Vegan meringues are easy to make and require little hands on time. These contain relatively cheap ingredients so you can make them all the time.
Each serving provides 163 kcal, 1.5g protein, 13g carbohydrates (of which 12g sugars), 12g fat (of which 10g saturates), 0.7g fibre and trace salt.
For the meringues
- 100ml/3½fl oz liquid from canned chickpeas (aquafaba), chilled
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- drop of red food colouring (optional)
For the topping
- coconut cream (readymade or refrigerate a 400ml can of full-fat coconut milk overnight, then carefully scoop out the thick, white cream from the top, reserving the coconut water for another time), chilled
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- small punnet of strawberries, halved (optional)
- handful of passion fruit, halved (optional)