Wild mushroom sauce for pasta
Creamy wild mushrooms make a special pasta sauce for a romantic dinner for two.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 125g/4½oz wild mushrooms, such as morels, porcini, chanterelles etc
- 150ml/5fl oz white wine
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 vine tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 150g/5oz tagliatelle, cooked according to the packet instructions
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
Pour in the white wine and simmer until reduced slightly, then pour in the cream. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer gently for about five minutes. Stir in the tomatoes.
Stir the sauce into the cooked tagliatelle.
Serve in a shallow pasta bowl, garnished with fresh parsley and chives.