How to bone a chicken thigh
Equipment you will need for this technique
A sharp, stiff knife
Chicken thighs contain a short bone running through the meat.
- Place the thigh skin side down on a chopping board. You should see the two ends of the bone sticking out.
- Use a sharp knife to cut along the line of the bone from end to end.
- Working down the side of the bone use the knife to separate the meat from the bone.
- Get your fingers underneath the bone.
- Cut around each end of the bone to cut it free from the meat.