Equipment you will need for this technique
Pancakes can be made easily by using a 'cup' ratio of two eggs to the same level of flour and twice as much milk. Don't forget to add a little salt. Watch the quick video to find out how to make perfect pancakes every time.
Extra hints and tips:
• For a lump-free batter, make a well in the flour and slowly incorporate the liquid.
• Wipe your frying pan with the butter using kitchen paper.
• For extra rich pancakes, use one large egg plus two small yolks.
• For softer pancakes, turn the heat down after adding the batter to the frying pan.
• To do the perfect pancake flip, wait until one side of the batter has cooked and shuffle the pancake to the front edge of the pan then, confidently, flip the pancake with a good flick of the wrist.