Online Voting Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were updated on the 13thFebruary 2020.
1. You can take part in the BBC Indian Sportswoman of the Year 2019 vote by accessing the relevant language web page. You will find the question and a list of alternative answers. You can register your vote by electronically selecting the option you wish to vote for.
2. Voting will open at 0230 GMT (0800 IST) on 3rd February 2020 and closes at 1800 GMT (2330 IST) on 24th February 2020. Any votes registered outside the announced voting times, which will be listed online and on-air, will not count.
3. This is not a competition and there will be no prize for any option or anyone taking part.
4. The number of times you can vote may be restricted. The presence of a cap to voting and what that limit is will be made clear.
5. The BBC will announce the final result on-air and/or online when voting is closed and the actual result is known on 8th March 2020.
6. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
7. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
8. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this vote at any time.
9. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote not being received by the BBC, not properly registered or recorded.
10. Please note that BBC, BBC Group or Telescope employees or anyone who is directly connected in any way with the associated BBC content or the vote is not eligible to vote.
11. The voting accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found on the BBC's Standards and Guidelines website at http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/appendix2
13. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales.