Aprende inglés: 2.000 millones "en riesgo de contraer zika en África y Asia"
En esta nueva serie, los periodistas de la BBC te ayudan a practicar inglés con los titulares de las noticias de la semana. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés:
Two billion 'at risk of Zika in Africa and Asia'
First face transplant patient dies in France
Rare white whale filmed in Australia
More than 2.5 billion people around the world live in areas that may be vulnerable to outbreaks of Zika, according to a new study into the spread of the virus. Scientists say that countries in Africa and Asia are most at risk.
Doctors in France have revealed that the woman who had the world's first face transplant has died. Isabelle Dinoire passed away earlier this year from complications related to the surgery. The immunosuppressant drug she took to reduce the chances of tissue being rejected seemed to have made her more vulnerable to cancer.
Just before we go: this is rare, in fact an extremely rare whale. This drone footage showing the endangered southern right whale which was spotted off the western coast of Australia. Only 5% are born white. I'll leave you with those pictures. See you soon.
sudden occurrences of disease or war
noticed after looking carefully
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
outbreaks / passed away / spotted
1. Mary is very happy today. She __________ her favourite singer in the park and got an autograph. He looked like an ordinary jogger.
2. There's been an __________ of flu. You should have a flu jab as soon as possible.
3. My mother_________ in her sleep this morning. She's been ill for a while. At least her suffering is over.
1. Mary is very happy today. She spotted her favourite singer in the park and got an autograph. He looked like an ordinary jogger.
2. There's been an outbreak of flu. You should have a flu jab as soon as possible.
3. My mother passed away in her sleep this morning. She's been ill for a while. At least her suffering is over.