Aprende inglés: el granjero británico que pinta a sus ovejas de naranja para que no se las roben
En esta nueva serie, los periodistas de la BBC te ayudan a practicar inglés con los titulares de las noticias de la semana. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés:
Former Israel President Shimon Peres dies
Button batteries risk to children
The farmer who paints sheep
Shimon Peres, the former president of Israel, has died at the age of 93. He was one of the defining figures of the Israeli state and played an essential role in forging a political deal with the Palestinians in the 1990s.
Doctors are warning about the dangers of those small round batteries that you find in watches, toys, greeting cards, and so many other things. The doctors have seen a rise in the number of children who’re suffering severe injuries after swallowing them accidentally.
A farmer in northern England has come up with a novel way to stop thieves stealing his sheep. Pip Simpson has decided to spray paint his entire flock bright orange. It's after 300 of his sheep were stolen over the past four years.
creating (something) that lasts
occurrences of physical damage to a person
(here as an adjective) original; not seen before
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
forging / injuries / novel
1. Samantha was involved in a car accident. Fortunately, her ________ were not serious.
2. My son-in-law is always finding __________ ways to make money but his inventions never work!
3. The police are looking for ways to __________ good relations with the community. It makes their work easier.
1. Samantha was involved in a car accident. Fortunately, her injuries were not serious.
2. My son-in-law is always finding novel ways to make money but his inventions never work!
3. The police are looking for ways to forge good relations with the community. It makes their work easier.