En esta nueva serie, los periodistas de la BBC te ayudan a practicar inglés con los titulares de las noticias de la semana. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés:
Brexit: What next for UK?
Syria's World Cup hopes
New British coin 'most secure in the world'
Once Article 50 has been triggered the UK has just two years to negotiate its exit from the EU. No country has ever tried this before. It's a very complicated process: first the European Council, which is made up of the EU's 27 leaders, agrees guidelines for the negotiations. Then the European Commission then negotiates with the UK on behalf of the EU. Together they will need to unpick 43 years of treaties and agreements.
Given what's unfolding in Syria - you might be surprised to hear the country still has a national football team, competing for a place in next year's World Cup. For obvious reasons - they can't play on home soil, but they're still giving many Syrians a reason to come together. Last week they were in Malaysia, preparing for a World Cup qualifier against Uzbekistan, and they've just been in Seoul for their match against South Korea.
Here is the new pound coin, and it does have some special security features, apart from being twelve-sided and two-coloured, it's got very small writing on it, and it has a sort of hologram with the pound sign at the bottom, and a special feature inside which means that coin machines can recognise whether it's genuine or not - and that's important, because there are so many fakes of the old pound coin.
made to start
carefully and gradually undo or remove
three-dimensional picture created using lasers
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
triggered / unpick / unfolding / hologram
1. The melting of the glacier was ________ by the climate warming more than fifty years ago.
2. The rock singer, who died a few years ago, will become the first star to return to the stage via ________ at a new concert show launching this year.
3. John witnessed the scenes ________ from his office window and immediately called the police.
4. Now that the organisation has closed we've got to ________ all the agreements we had made with our clients.
1. The melting of the glacier was triggered by the climate warming more than fifty years ago.
2. The rock singer, who died a few years ago, will become the first star to return to the stage via hologram at a new concert show launching this year.
3. John witnessed the scenes unfolding from his office window and immediately called the police.
4. Now that the organisation has closed we've got to unpick all the agreements we had made with our clients.