En esta nueva serie, los periodistas de la BBC te ayudan a practicar inglés con los titulares de las noticias de la semana. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés
Bomb in Turkey
Brexit: Cameron meets EU leaders
Hockney's latest exhibition
At least 36 people have been killed, almost another 150 injured, in a gun and bomb attack at the main international airport in Istanbul. Three gunmen are reported to have opened fire before blowing themselves up.
Turkish officials say early indications suggest the Islamic State group was to blame.
Turkey's President Erdogan says the attack was designed to create propaganda against his country using the blood and pain of innocent people. He's called on the international community to take a firm stand against terrorism.
European leaders have been meeting in Brussels, where they've urged Britain to set out its plans for leaving the European Union as soon as possible.
The British Prime Minister David Cameron says he hopes his country will have the closest possible relationship with the union once it is outside the organisation. He has returned home, the other 27 leaders are continuing their meetings, discussing how to move forward.
One of Britain's most distinguished artists – David Hockney – presents a new series of portraits at the Royal Academy of Arts here in London this weekend. In it he captures friends, family and acquaintances.
Propaganda: information, often false, designed to promote a particular point of view
Urged: strongly advised
Distinguished: respected, admired and successful
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
propaganda / urged / distinguished
1. Elderly people have been __________ to have the flu vaccine to protect themselves against the disease.
2. My university professor is a very __________writer. He's had three books published and won several awards.
3. In wartime, many governments use __________ to persuade people to support the war.
1. Elderly people have been urged to have the flu vaccine to protect themselves against the disease.
2. My university professor is a very distinguished writer. He's had three books published and won several awards.
3. In wartime, many governments use propaganda to persuade people to support the war.