Coventry & Warwickshire

Coventry gym evacuated over store incident

A Coventry gym was evacuated over a problem in a chemical store.

The gym at Fitness First For Women in Bishop Street was later reopened after West Midlands Fire Service was called to the scene on Monday.

The problem involved a 25kg container of cleaning fluid coming into contact with chlorine.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus moved the offending item to a place of safety and sealed it, a fire service spokesman said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites