Cigarette blamed for fire at shop in Poole

A discarded cigarette is believed to have been the cause of a fire which spread to a retail unit in Dorset.

Firefighters were initially called to a skip fire behind shops in Redlands Retail Park, Poole, on Tuesday at 1832 BST.

Reinforcements were requested when fire spread to the cladding of the Laura Ashley store. Six fire engines were at the scene at the height of the fire.

The contents of the shop suffered light smoke damage.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites