Birmingham & Black Country

Woman dies in 'electric blanket' fire in Birmingham

A woman is believed to have died after an electric blanket caught fire at a Birmingham house, West Midlands Ambulance Service said.

She was found in a bedroom at the property in Woodthorpe Road, Kings Heath, just before 1230 BST on Sunday.

A service spokeswoman said: "The room was smoke filled after it is believed that an electric blanket and bed had caught fire."

The woman was confirmed dead at the scene, she added.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites