Nottingham

Cylinder fire sparks Toton homes evacuation

A number of homes were evacuated and a 200m (656ft) cordon was put in place following a gas cylinder fire in Nottinghamshire.

Emergency crews were called to a property on Stapleford Lane in Toton at about 1840 BST on Sunday.

Firefighters were at the scene through the night to bring the fire, which broke out in a garage, under control.

A spokeswoman for Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue said residents had now been allowed back to their homes.

There were no reports of any injuries.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites