Sex attack police calm fears over second 'incident'
Police hunting a man who abducted and sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl in Clackmannanshire believe they are still only dealing with one incident.
The teenage girl was attacked as she walked through Dollar last week.
Claims that a primary school girl in nearby Tillicoultry had been approached by a man in a car four days later have since emerged.
However, police said there was no evidence that a second incident had taken place.
Parents with children at Tillicoultry Primary School had been sent a letter by head teacher Patricia Paterson on Monday alerting them to "an incident".
The letter said a child had been approached near the school by a stranger in a car, but did not go into the vehicle.
"In school we are doing everything we can to support the police and we continue to promote children's safety at every opportunity," said the letter.
"However, as we approach the summer holidays when children will be increasingly playing outside, may I urge you to remind your child/children that they should never go with a stranger either on foot or in a car."
However, a spokeswoman for Central Scotland Police said: "There is nothing at this time to suggest this incident occurred and further inquiries will continue."
Police launched a manhunt after the 14-year-old girl was abducted in Dollar at 0820 BST on Monday 21 June by a man with "bad facial skin" who marched her for 200 years at knifepoint past parents and other pupils to his green car.
She was then driven to a farm track near Linn Mill, where she was sexually assaulted before being told to get out of the car on a track just off the B910 near Castlebridge Business Park.
The traumatised victim was able to flag down a passing motorist, who raised the alarm.
Det Ch Insp Brian Johnston, who is leading the investigation into the Dollar attack, said they remained "desperate" to catch the suspect, who is described as being in his mid-30s, about 5ft 8in tall with short, receding brown hair.