Cocktail containing liquid nitrogen
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Liquid nitrogen cocktail leaves teen in hospital

An 18-year-old teenager has had to have her stomach removed in an emergency operation after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

Gabby Scanlan from Lancaster was out celebrating her birthday when she fell ill.

The bar which sold the cocktail has said it has now stopped using liquid nitrogen, which creates a smoky, dry ice effect.

Danny Savage reports.

  • 08 Oct 2012