Laura Baty is hit by an e-cigarette at The Buck Inn, in Richmond, North Yorkshire
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Barmaid hit by exploding e-cigarette

A barmaid escaped with minor injuries after she was hit by an exploding e-cigarette which had been left plugged into a charger behind the bar of a North Yorkshire pub.

Laura Baty, 18, was shocked when she was hit by the device at the Buck Inn Hotel, in Richmond.

Sean Fearon of West Yorkshire fire service and Kevin Ronan of South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue both warned that lesser known brand e-cigarette are a potential fire hazard.

Katy Bradbrook reports

  • 09 Apr 2014
Go to next video: E-cigarette ban for under-18s