How skin bleaching cream nearly killed my sister

5 live listener, Tutu, from London, has spoken about how controversial skin bleaching cream nearly killed her sister.

It comes after a BBC investigation found illegal skin bleaching products being sold in shops in Coventry.

Tutu blamed peer pressure for her sister’s use of skin lighting cream, saying she was admitted to hospital for a week after using the illegal product.

"Her friends were doing it,” Tutu said. “She was just copying them and she started doing it. She was nearly at the point of death."