Shelley Farries
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Son's choking revealed Fruit Shoot design fault

A mother from Essex whose son choked on the cap of a children's drink bottle said she was surprised the design fault had not been picked up at an earlier stage.

After Shelley Farries complained that her six-year-old son Alexander had choked on a piece of plastic from a new Robinsons Fruit Shoot drink bottle, Britvic recalled of some the products due to a "packaging safety issue".

Its share price slumped after Britvic said delays in designing a new cap for the recalled drinks could cost it up to £25m.

  • 12 Jul 2012