Firefighters spraying water on the burning school building
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Buckholme Towers School reopens after blaze

A Dorset school that was badly damaged by fire has been officially re-opened following repairs.

The upper floors of Buckholme Towers independent preparatory school in Lower Parkstone, Poole, were destroyed in the blaze in March.

No-one was injured in the fire which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The refurbished building includes improved IT, art and science facilities.

A local church was used as a temporary building to allow continued teaching of the school's three-year-old to 12 year-old pupils while repairs were carried out.

Caroline Richardson reports.

  • 03 Sep 2013