The gas leak scene at Hedge End, near Southampton
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Criticism after Sainsbury's refrigerator gas leak in Hampshire

A woman who was taken to hospital after a refrigerator gas leak at a supermarket in Hampshire has criticised the store for being slow to respond.

Hundreds of customers and staff were evacuated from the Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer stores at Hedge End, near Southampton on Tuesday evening.

Gina Slattery was taken to hospital from the Sainsbury's supermarket - where the gas leak happened - as a precaution.

Sainsbury's said it fully evacuated the store within 15 minutes of concerns being raised.

  • 18 Sep 2013
Go to next video: Stores 'safe' after gas leak