The kitchen after the fire
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Fire service operator saves blaze woman

A woman trapped in her Sheffield home by fire says she was saved by a fire service operator.

Liam Booth from South Yorkshire fire service spoke calmly to Sinead Bowden when she made a 999 call saying she was unable to get out of the house because of smoke from a burning microwave.

Ms Bowden said Mr Booth "really did save my life".

When firefighters arrived at her house they extinguished the fire and once the smoke had cleared led her downstairs to safety.

  • 30 Apr 2012