Sarah Bignall-Howse
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Ashford vet Sarah Bignall-Howse in tick disease warning

A vet who was housebound after contracting Lyme disease from an infected tick has warned people to be vigilant against the parasites.

Sarah Bignall-Howse, from Ashford, Kent, had to give up her job after being diagnosed in 2011.

South East Today's Rebecca Williams also spoke to Sue Ockwell, from Lyme Disease Action, who said the number of ticks was increasing.

  • 04 May 2014
Go to next video: Vet disabled by tick bite disease