Romanian nightclub fire victims praise Newcastle medical care
Two survivors of a nightclub fire in Romania, which left 63 people dead, have expressed their gratitude for the care they have received at a burns unit in Newcastle.
The fire at Bucharest's Colectiv club on 30 October 2015 was started by fireworks.
Alex Olteanu and Cristian Raducanu were among those who managed to escape, but not before both were badly burned.
With Romania unable to cope with so many burn victims at one time, scores of patients were flown to hospitals in Europe, and the pair came to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
03 Mar 2016